Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Homeschooling: Training A Servant's Heart




When my husband and I decided to homeschool our 8yo son this year, we were so excited…and very nervous! Not only is it a huge responsibility, but it would mean giving up most of my income. I praise God for His provision through all of our trials this first year and look forward to what he has in store for us in the future! One thing I have learned so far is HOW I want my children raised. It’s not enough to me anymore that they earn good grades and enjoy their careers (although we wish that for them too!). My hope for them, is that they have genuine, compassionate hearts. A servant’s heart.


The world is in need of Love. Not selfish love, but the never wavering, never condemning love that only God can provide through Christ Jesus. The love of God far surpasses any feeling that we could have for one another. Just as I understood more about the depth of love after having my children, I understand even more how to love others because of the love God has poured into my life. We are not called to condemnation, but to freedom in Christ! Freedom from sin and shame! How do we show this love to the world? We use Christ’s example and serve others. Help the hurting. Love the broken. Invest our lives and our love in people. Show them the love of Christ. His love is patient and kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud.It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. (His) Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails.


It is my sincere hope that my children will learn and grow in wisdom, knowledge, and love through our homeschool experience. I plan to post about our experiences throughout this journey and hope to encourage anyone out there who may feel that God is leading them to homeschool as well. There is so much to learn, hope you decide to join me :)

No comments:

Post a Comment