Monday, August 18, 2014

How To Save A Life

This post isn't about homeschooling, but I do believe it relates to having a servant's heart. The church that we have been visiting started a series a few weeks ago entitled "How To Save A Life" which has focused a lot on witnessing and making deciples. Tragically, we were given a famous example of our need to BE the gospel this past week.

Depression is a serious thing and I'm not trying to say that Christians never struggle with illness, but I am saying that we need to show people the hope that we have found in Jesus. There's nothing more tragic than someone, anyone, losing their life without that hope. This is really a time to reflect on the hurt in this world instead of trying to shield ourselves and ignore it. I may not be in the position to be heard by the masses, but God never asked me to change the world. He has, however, given me friends, family and acquaintances who need to know that God loves them and has a plan for their lives.  

If you don't know that hope, if you don't feel that peace that passes all understanding, I would love to pray for you. Please leave me a comment or send me an email

Blessings!

I added a link {HERE} to the sermon we had on Sunday, it's entitled Lost Puppy. All of it was good, but I loved his response to a Facebook post he read aloud for us. It's around the 21 minute mark. I pray it blesses you!

No comments:

Post a Comment