Thursday, February 6, 2014

Homeschool Baking!

Xander has become VERY interested in cooking.

Before deciding on KONOS, I read a bunch of different books about homeschooling and learning methods. One of these books was The Well Trained Mind.

Though I didn't completely LOVE the approach or all of the ideas {at least not for us} I did love how she would take her kids to the library, give them specific topics or genres and let them pick out books they found interesting. We did this for a month or so exclusively and now he's just kind of programmed to look for certain things every time we venture to the library.

One of those things is always a cookbook of some sort. So, it was decided that cooking and baking just HAD to be added to our homeschool agenda.

We even found these cookbooks in the 10¢ bin! *Score!*
I know, they're "girl" books, but they were too good to pass on. Can we get some American Boy books too though. . . just sayin'


I've mentioned it before, but I'm a Pinterest addict! {Follow me here
I love, love, LOVE finding new recipes and trying them out! Now that we will be incorporating cooking into our schooling, I feel I am now justified in my pinning addictions. . . . mostly ;)

Here we are making my favorite Pinterest recipe yet, cinnamon rolls!! {Here's the recipe pin}


 
And yeah, we bake in our jammies. . . doesn't everyone?!

 
Huh, who knew dental floss was the perfect cutting tool?!

 
Mmm...they were sooo good! 

I'm always looking for new awesome recipes! {Especially kid friendly!} If you have a favorite, feel free to leave it in the comments! 

Blessings!
Gina <3

No comments:

Post a Comment